SEO Executive (France) - 100% Remote
You have been working in an SEO-focused role for at least a year. You are keen to develop your overall understanding of SEO and thrive in environments with more experienced SEOs to learn from.
You have had an understanding of the core elements of SEO; on-page, technical and digital PR but don’t necessarily consider yourself a specialist in any of them yet.
You’ve had experience working on multiple websites and enjoy the problem-solving element of SEO.
You are keen to hone your SEO skills in a company and explore the potential of becoming an amazing all-round SEO or focusing your skill-set more as you delve deeper into on-page, technical and digital PR.
About the role
This is a new role in our growing SEO team. You will be assisting the Head of SEO in executing the strategy across a newly acquired French classic car website, as well as assisting with the international expansion of the core Car & Classic site.
You will be assisting in SEO projects from inception to completion, as well as completing ad-hoc research and problem-solving as new issues and opportunities arise. You will be following the guidance of more experienced members of the team, whilst having the opportunity to explore issues and solutions yourself. This will be a learning environment, where you will be encouraged to take on more accountability as you grow in confidence in your understanding and execution of SEO.
You will report to the Head of SEO whilst also working with the wider marketing team and being embedded in a pod (squad) of engineers and UX and UI designers to provide SEO guidance on changes to the website.
You will have an opportunity to train and develop as an all-rounder or focus on a relevant SEO specialism over time if that’s what you’d prefer. The Head of SEO is also keen to mentor colleagues in public speaking and writing for industry publications if this is something that you would be keen to explore more.
About us www.carandclassic.com
Car & Classic is one of the largest automotive marketplaces in the world. We’re lucky to have thousands of user-generated listings submitted monthly with content gems from James Bond’s Aston DB5 to Elvis Presley’s Cadillac. The site is old, launched in 2005 but under new, VC-backed ownership since 2018 and on an exciting triple-digit growth journey to bring classic vehicle transactions online.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high-performing culture.
Whilst the team is only 100 people now we expect to double over the next 12 months. We’re looking for a French-speaking SEO Executive that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally, you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the development and delivery of organic search strategies as set out by the Head of SEO
- Assist in the internationalisation of what is a multifaceted website (e-commerce, marketplace & editorial)
- Help champion SEO in your pod (squad)
- Perform keyword and user intent analysis, on-page optimisations and make recommendations for improving the website
- Look at simple technical issues and identify possible solutions with the help of more senior SEOs
- Carry out tasks as directed by the Head of SEO whilst discussing your own ideas and solutions to implement
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Salary up to £29,000 (depending on experience) 💰
- Stock options 📈
- All the equipment you need to get the job done 💻
- Flexible working - work where and when you want in order to get the job done 🌍
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill 🤗
- Professional development allowance 🚄
- Company paid team retreats 🧘♂️
- Income Protection 🛡
- Life Cover 👩👧👦
- Smart Health 🩺
- Generous parental leave 👶
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) & any period of closure over Christmas also paid 🏝
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up 🚀
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Fluent in French and English – both written and spoken
- At least one year of working in an SEO-focused role
- Experience of working alongside other marketing channel professionals
- A desire to learn and grow in SEO
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Experience of working on e-commerce websites
- Ability to identify technical issues with a website and an idea of where a problem might be found
- Experience of working within a squad/multi-disciplinary team structure
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2021 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2022.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click 'Apply for this job'. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.