Sales Support Executive - 100% Remote
You are a personable outgoing salesperson with a passion for classic cars and proven track record in an automotive sales environment. You have no issues picking up the phone to call potential clients, asking people to part with their vehicles at auction, or simply gathering feedback on our services. You are excellent at negotiating, as well as detail oriented in your work and able to follow a process and record interactions within a CRM.
About the role
You will be working closely with the consignment team and support team to manage vehicles after auction to maximise on income potential, whilst delivering excellent service to our customers. You will be assisting with prospecting, as well as answering all sales related queries. Whilst previous classic car auction experience is highly desirable, full training will be given to candidates who demonstrate strong sales skills and are hungry to succeed.
About us www.carandclassic.com
Car & Classic is one of the largest automotive marketplaces in the world. We’re lucky to have thousands of user generated listings submitted monthly with content gems from James Bond’s Aston DB5 to Elvis Presley’s Cadillac. The site is old, launched in 2005 but under new, VC-backed ownership since 2018 and on an exciting triple-digit growth journey to bring classic vehicle transactions online.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high performing culture.
Whilst the team is only 95 people now we expect to double over the next 12-months. We’re looking for a Sales Support Executive that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Salary: £25,000 + commission (OTE £30,000)💰
- Stock options 📈
- All the equipment you need to get the job done 💻
- Flexible working - work where and when you want in order to get the job done 🌍
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill 🤗
- Professional development allowance 🚄
- Company paid team retreats 🧘♂️
- Income Protection 🛡
- Life Cover 👩👧👦
- Smart Health 🩺
- Generous parental leave 👶
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) & any period of closure over Christmas also paid 🏝
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up 🚀
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Sales experience
- Strong customer service experience
- Experience in making multiple outbound calls
- Working in a target driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written English and high-level communication skills
- A hands-on, get stuff done, action-orientated approach
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Interest in classic cars
- Car Auction experience and a black book of contacts (this would be amazing!)
- Due to our international expansion we would love it if you can speak French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish or German. Please highlight this when applying as there will be a strong preference for those that can speak additional languages.
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2021 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2022.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click 'Apply for this job'. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.