Account Executive (France) - 100% Remote
You are an experienced sales professional with a passion for cars living in France. Fluent in English, you have a proven track record of converting target accounts into customers in the region and developing fruitful relationships with them.
You are an awesome communicator and team player able to manage yourself in a remote working environment whilst also ensuring your team, based in the UK, are kept up to date with your day-to-day progress.
You’re all about success and adopt a “can do” attitude. You have no ego and will be able to develop relationships quickly with internal stakeholders and external partners because people want to work with you.
About the role
Car & Classic Auctions, the largest Marketplace and fastest growing online auction platform for classic cars in Europe, is looking for a superstar to contribute to generating classic car supply throughout France in line with an ambitious European expansion plan.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring your target accounts sign up to and maximise their usage of our platform and services; including Car and Classic Auctions. You will work closely with your colleagues in the UK to activate engagement from your client base in the shortest possible time frame.
Initially reporting into the Sales Manager, you will play a significant role in expanding the business into the Italian classic car market. Career development opportunities will naturally follow once you have demonstrated a proven track record for increasing supply in this target market.
You’ll collaborate closely with the wider sales and marketing teams to ensure you have the necessary support and promotional collateral to enable our rapid expansion in France.
Excellent adoption of our CRM (Hubspot) will be essential to enable good visibility of your client interactions and pipeline so that the sales team and your manager is updated daily on your progress.
About us www.carandclassic.com
Car & Classic is one of the largest automotive marketplaces in the world. We’re lucky to have thousands of user generated listings submitted monthly with content gems from James Bond’s Aston DB5 to Elvis Presley’s Cadillac. The site is old, launched in 2005 but under new, VC-backed ownership since 2018 and on an exciting triple-digit growth journey to bring classic vehicle transactions online.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high-performing culture.
Whilst the team is only 120 people now we expect to double over the next 12 months. We’re looking for an Account Executive that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid-growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally, you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop new business opportunities by onboarding new customers to the platform.
- Achieve monthly and annual sales targets and KPI’s for the department.
- Work with the Sales Manager to review performance and report metrics on a weekly, monthly basis.
- Ensuring KPI’s are met and reported on.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Car and Classic Marketplace and Auctions and be an expert at supporting your clients to sell in the most effective way.
- Work closely with the wider sales and customer success teams to ensure our clients get the best possible service from us.
- Get buy-in from your team and collaborating teams within the organisation.
- Form strong and long-lasting relationships both internally and externally on behalf of the business.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Competitive base salary (disclosed at first stage screening) 💰
- Stock options 📈
- All the equipment you need to get the job done 💻
- Flexible working - work where and when you want in order to get the job done 🌍
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill 🤗
- Professional development allowance 🚄
- Company-paid team retreats 🧘♂️
- Income Protection 🛡
- Life Cover 👩👧👦
- Smart Health 🩺
- Generous parental leave 👶
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) & any period of closure over Christmas also paid 🏝
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up 🚀
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Minimum of 2 years sales and/or customer relationship experience
- Be able to work autonomously and remotely
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Be comfortable with accountability and able to develop solutions in collaboration with others
- Be able to identify market opportunities
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- An understanding of and experience in a marketplace/classified environment
- Experience with Hubspot Sales Enterprise and how to work it to your advantage (knowledge of dashboards and reporting)
- A passion for classic cars and/or in-market experience
- Have experience working within an OKR goal-setting framework
- Have experience expanding businesses in Europe
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2022 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2023.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click 'Apply for this job'. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.
Car & Classic Limited is an equal opportunity employer
Equality, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we hold ourselves responsible. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/military status, and disability, or another legally protected status.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.