Data Analyst - 100% Remote
Join Europe's largest classics marketplace
We usually respond within a week
To be successful in this role you are an awesome Data Analyst you have a sharp eye for detail, a knack for numbers, and a passion for finding patterns in complex data sets
But that's not all. You are also a data wizard who is forever learning & you stay on top of the latest trends in data analysis and visualisation. Your expertise allows you to present complex data in a way that's both informative and engaging to your stakeholders
Whether you are crunching numbers, building models, or create data visualisations that pop you do it with finesse and simplicity. This opportunity offers excellent career progression within the business as you are a key contributor to the Data team which cross functionally supports all other departments in the business.
About the role
We are currently seeking a highly analytical and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Data Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for analysing a wide range of data for Europe’s largest online marketplace for classic cars, identifying trends, providing insights, and optimising our processes for auctions and classified listings.
You will work closely with our team making data driven recommendations for improvements to our platform to senior stakeholders based on your findings. The successful candidate will have a strong background in data analysis, experience with SQL and visualisation tools, and excellent problem-solving skills.
If you are passionate about data and looking for an exciting opportunity to apply your skills in a dynamic and fast-paced scale-up, we encourage you to apply for this position.
About us www.carandclassic.com
Car & Classic is one of the largest automotive marketplaces in the world. We’re lucky to have thousands of user-generated listings submitted monthly with content gems from James Bond’s Aston DB5 to Elvis Presley’s Cadillac. The site is old, launched in 2005 but under new, VC-backed ownership since 2018 and on an exciting triple-digit growth journey to bring classic vehicle transactions online.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business, we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high-performing culture
We’re looking for a Data Analyst that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture
Finally, you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
Role and responsibilities
- Conducting deep dive analysis into listing performance (both auctions and our non-auction products).
- Investigating conversion rates through our platform using event-level data from GA4.
- Creating new data products and dashboards in a variety of tools (Metabase, Streamlit, Count).
- Making recommendations for improvements to senior stakeholders based on your findings.
- Working with the rest of the data team to make improvements to our data collection and modelling processes.
- Identifying, communicating and improving weaknesses in our current reporting infrastructure.
- Thoroughly documenting your work and contributing to the data team’s suite of documentation.
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- SQL - have a high level of proficiency in SQL, including the use of window functions, CTEs, and the ability to work with semi-structured data.
- dbt - have a working knowledge of core dbt concepts.
- Python|R - A good understanding of core concepts and the ability to write scripts to perform analytical tasks using standard Python|R libraries such as pandas, numpy,sklearn OR Rshiny, dplyr, ggplot2, is required. Familiarity with
- BI / Visualisation tools - strong experience in using one, or more, BI tools such as Metabase, Looker, or Tableau.
- Comfortable working with relatively large datasets.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to turn a business problem into structured data analysis.
- Ability to create informative data visualisations and a good understanding of the fundamentals of data visualisation design.
- Demonstrates creativity in identifying and solving problems, and in presenting data and insights in a compelling and innovative way.
- Ability to prioritise working on multiple projects at any one time.
- This role requires the ability to act as a trusted advisor to a range of stakeholders, up to board level.
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Version Control: Experience Using Git as Part of an Analytics Workflow
- A background in statistics or a numerate discipline at an academic level is preferred.
- Experience creating data applications using Streamlit|Rshiny|Dash would be a plus.
- Interest and enthusiasm for classic vehicles.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Base salary between £30,000 - £35,000 GBP💰
- Stock options 📈
- All the equipment you need to get the job done 💻
- Flexible working - work where and when you want in order to get the job done 🌍
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill 🤗
- Professional development allowance 🚄
- Income Protection 🛡
- Life Cover 👩👧👦
- Smart Health 🩺
- Generous parental leave 👶
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) 🏝
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up 🚀
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2022 with all our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2023.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are continuously improving and evolving our recruitment and application process. Once you decide to apply you’ll be presented with a series of questions. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not. Please do give them your time and effort when answering.
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.
Car & Classic Limited is an equal opportunity employer
Equality, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of our culture. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we hold ourselves responsible.
We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role.
- Data Analyst
- United Kingdom
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
- Yearly salary
- Employment type
About Car & Classic
Car & Classic is one of the largest automotive marketplaces in the world.
Car & Classic will be the de-facto place to sell a classic vehicle - we’re building the safest, fastest way to buy and sell with the greatest choice in the world.
Data Analyst - 100% Remote
Join Europe's largest classics marketplace
Loading application form
Already working at Car & Classic?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.