You’ll be passionate about classic and specialist vehicles and through that passion you will be able to demonstrate excellent technical knowledge to produce outstanding images for our platform.
You’ll be confident enough to self-organise and to work strongly from your own initiative. You will be happy to speak to people from all corners of the classic and specialist car world, from home-based enthusiasts to specialist dealers with stock valued at millions. And, on that note, you will be as engaged and as invested in shooting a Morris Minor as you would be a Merak.
You will be a skilled photographer, with the ability to demonstrate this with past work in the automotive field; regrettably, we cannot consider photographers without an automotive portfolio. You’ll have a consistent and thoughtful approach to your work and a very good understanding of the principles of vehicle photography, able to deliver accurate and informative images. This will rely also on your vehicle knowledge, as you’ll be expected to photograph all the important details of a particular vehicle.
Above all, however, you’ll be someone looking to join a great team of enthusiasts who are shaking up the classic and specialist car market. Car & Classic is a household name now, and we want people to come on this exciting journey with us.
About the role
We’re looking for freelance agents to photograph listings for our rapidly expanding auction platform. Since we launched in June of 2020, we have sold over 4300 cars totalling over £90,000,000 in value. We have a full-time team of auction consignors, a dedicated support team and dedicated marketing team in place to manage this explosive growth.
We have freelance agents all over Europe and are looking to expand in the areas listed below, so if you fit the bill, we want to hear from you. You will have your own photography equipment, and your own car (including business insurance).
You will be assigned customers who have decided to sell their car with us via auction. You will then be the liaison and the ‘in person’ face of the company. You will be responsible for booking jobs assigned to you, and you will be responsible for the delivery of the images within a reasonable time-frame. You will be an ambassador for the brand, so we expect excellent customer service and customer interaction.
This is a fantastic role for any professional vehicle photographer who wants to spend their days shooting the biggest mix in vehicles you can imagine, for the biggest classic and specialist website in Europe.
At this time, applications are invited just from photographers in the following high priority areas:
Please indicate in your application for which region you are applying.
Please note – Although we are expanding rapidly, this is a freelance role, and we cannot guarantee volume of work.
Role and responsibilities
- Booking jobs via supplied customer information from our support team
- Keep the auctions team up to date at all times on the status of your assigned vehicles
- Photograph each auction car – at least 100 pictures including car, details, paperwork and defects (full guidelines will be given subject to appointment)
- Reporting back any defects or red flags we should be aware of
- To be a brand ambassador for Car & Classic
- Book, shoot and return each job to tight deadlines, and keeping us informed of progress along the way
- Upload your work to our bespoke CMS
- Be willing to take on jobs outside of your designated area if possible
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Proven, demonstrable understanding of vehicle photography
- Ideally you will have an understanding of vehicle sales
- Passionate about classic and specialist cars
- Independent, self-motivated, and full of initiative
- Able to work to strict deadlines
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Competitive fee + mileage paid
- The chance to work with a massive variety of cars
- Direct line support to assist you
- The chance to have your work published on the biggest classic and specialist car website in Europe
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2022 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2023.
To be considered as one of our esteemed freelancers, please click APPLY and leave us a link to your work in your application.
Our in-house editorial team will review all submissions and contact you should we want to know more about you!